2020 National Reconciliation Week
A video has been produced that we encourage you to watch and share.
Titled Building On Strength in Uncertain Times: In this together, the video provides relatable and culturally responsive information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, parents and community members about these challenging times from both a system-level and Aboriginal perspective. You can view the video here.
The video is narrated by the Department’s Elders in Residence and senior Aboriginal staff.
These messages are relevant to all school communities and highlight the 2020 National Reconciliation Week theme In This Together which resonates at this time, as it reminds us whether in a crisis or in reconciliation, we are all “in this together”.
Growing good people
- Respect –
- We treat others with consideration and respect.
- Responsibility –
- We are accountable for our own actions, resolving differences in constructive, peaceful ways; we contribute to society and we take care of the environment.
- Achievement –
- We have high expectations of students and staff and endeavour to achieve our best.
The Business Plan 2019-2021, builds on the strengths of our previous Business Plan and our successful three year cycle as an Independent Public School. It brings together system expectations as described in the “Strategic Plan for WA Public Schools 2016-2019: High Performance-High Care” and the Focus Directions for Schools. Our Business Plan identifies four school priorities, which are integral to our day-to-day work and to making a real difference to the lives of our students.
- PRIORITY 1: Success for all students
- PRIORITY 2: High quality teaching
- PRIORITY 3: Effective leadership
- PRIORITY 4: Strong governance and support
BIGGER PICTURE EDUCATION FOR PARENTS
The latest phase of the Bigger Picture Education campaign focuses on providing information to the community by talking directly with parents and engaging them through interesting and relevant stories so they are aware of and understand the changes taking place in our schools.