Morawa District High School
General information about enrolments, and the appropriate application for enrolment forms for Western Australian public schools can be found here:-
School Bus Information
If you wish to apply to have your child picked up on a school bus you can apply on line by following this link (click on parents and then how to apply):-
Alternatively please contact the front office team and they will assist you, 99712500
– Permanent residents of Australia and children holding an approved visa sub class number, are eligible to enrol in Western Australian Government Schools.
– As legislated, all Western Australian Schools are required to enrol students according to their birth dates at 30 June for each academic year. Children enrolling from overseas or interstate are generally enrolled in classes appropriate to age as with children in Western Australian. The determination about the enrolment of the child into a specific year of schooling and/or the educational program is also based on the child’s previous schooling, achievement levels and identified needs.
- All children of compulsory school age (Pre-Primary to Year 12) are guaranteed places. Children must turn 4 years of age by June 30 in the year that they enrol for Kindergarten. Students begin school at the beginning of the school year irrespective of birth date.
Starting Ages and Year Levels
|Date of Birth||Kindy||PP||Yr 1||Yr 2||Yr 3||Yr 4||Yr 5||Yr 6||Yr 7||Yr 8||Yr 9||Yr 10||Yr 11||Yr 12|
|1 Jan 1996 to 30 Dec 1996||2000||2001||2002||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013|
|1 Jan 1997 to 30 Jun 1997||2001||2002||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014|
|1 Jul 1997 to 30 Jun 1998||2002||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015|
|1 Jul 1998 to 30 Jun 1999||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016|
|1 Jul 1999 to 30 Jun 2000||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017|
|1 Jul 2000 to 30 Jun 2001||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018|
|1 Jul 2001 to 30 Jun 2002||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019|
|1 Jul 2002 to 30 Jun 2003||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020|
|1 Jul 2003 to 30 Jun 2004||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021|
|1 Jul 2004 to 30 Jun 2005||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|1 Jul 2005 to 30 Jun 2006||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023|
|1 Jul 2006 to 30 Jun 2007||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024|
|1 Jul 2007 to 30 Jun 2008||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025|
|1 Jul 2008 to 30 Jun 2009||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026|
|1 Jul 2009 to 30 Jun 2010||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026||2027|
|1 Jul 2010 to 30 Jun 2011||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026||2027||2028|
|1 Jul 2011 to 30 Jun 2012||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026||2027||2028||2029|
|1 Jul 2012 to 30 Jun 2013||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026||2027||2028||2029||2030|
|1 Jul 2013 to 30 Jun 2014||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026||2027||2028||2029||2030||2031|
|1 Jul 2014 to 30 Jun 2015||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026||2027||2028||2029||2030||2031||2032|
– Parents or legal guardians seeking to enrol their child at Morawa District High School are asked to complete an Application for Enrolment Form and forward the application to the school.
– We would also welcome the opportunity to talk with you and give you a guided tour through our facilities. Please call us on 08 9971 2500 to arrange an appointment and/or click below to download an Application to Enrol Form to submit:
BY POST Principal, Morawa District High School, PO Box 13, Morawa, WA, 6623
IN PERSON Administration, Morawa District High School, 13 Gill Street, Morawa, WA, 6623
Below you will find links to applications for Kindergarten, Pre-Primary and Years 1-12.
A copy of your child’s birth certificate must accompany your Application for Enrolment. The school must sight a copy of your current immunisation records, Visa and/or Family Court Order (if applicable) for the application to proceed.
Applications for 2017
– It is necessary for parents of students attending Kindergarten or Pre-Primary programs this year to apply for placement the following year if they wish their child to continue attending at Morawa District High School. This can be done by completing an Application for Enrolment Form. Application details are used to assist the school in organising placements and classes for the following year and for transition purposes. It should be noted that parents of students offered placement will then be asked to complete the Enrolment Form. Placement in a Kindergarten program is dependent on the number of places available.
Applications close on the last Friday of July
– All applicants will be advised of their child’s placement early in Term 3.
Although applications close at the end of Term 2, it would be appreciated if parents could return their Application for Enrolment Forms as soon as possible.
Application for Enrolment Forms are also available at the school office. Once completed the form can be emailed for initial placement.
– Following the receipt of the Application for Enrolment Form, and if your child is moving from another school, a time will be arranged for you to meet with the Senior Administrative Staff, and classroom teacher if possible, to discuss your child. At this interview you should accurately represent the needs of your child as evidenced through previous schooling, day care or observations. Students in Kindergarten will attend teacher interviews with their parents on their first day of school.
– In all instances where enrolment is to proceed, for each child enrolled, you will be invited to complete an Enrolment Form and to provide a copy of the following where applicable:
- your child’s birth extract, certificate or passport;
- immunisation records;
- special medical conditions or needs;
- special learning needs;
- Family Court Orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court(if applicable);
- previous school report/s; and
- any information on suspensions and exclusions.
– The only exception is for current students enrolling in Pre-Primary and Year One, where previously provided documentation can be used.
– Parents, carers and guardians of all students in Australia have been asked to provide information regarding their family background as part of a national initiative towards providing an education system that is fair to all students regardless of their background. The required information includes the indigenous status and language background of the student, and the education, occupation, and language background of the parents.
– Should your Application for Enrolment not be successful, you may appeal to the Midwest District Office.
Change of Enrolment Information
- The information supplied on the Enrolment Form is most important. Parents are requested to advise the school of any changes of address, emergency contact details, family doctor, telephone numbers, medical conditions or variations to Family Court Orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court that teachers need information about. Please contact the school office to update any details.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What happens if my child is enrolled in the wrong year?
– If a child has been mistakenly enrolled before the child is eligible, the Principal will advise parents that the student will need to complete a second year in the same year level and that an appropriate educational program will be provided to meet the student’s individual needs.
– If the parents feel there are extenuating or exceptional circumstances then they may appeal this position by forwarding relevant information the Midwest District Office. Each case will then be considered by the Regional Executive Director who will provide feedback and recommendation to the school regarding the outcome.
Enrolment for students with disabilities?
Under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and Disability Standards for Education 2005, it is the responsibility of an education system to give the same opportunities and choices on enrolment of a child with a disability as those offered to other prospective children without disabilities.
On the basis of need, all student will be provided with reasonable adjustments that facilitate their participation in an appropriate educational program. Students with disabilities should be enrolled in, and progress through, all phases of schooling as the same age as their peers without disabilities. Repeating a year of schooling is not an approved evidence based practice. Principals will ensure that students with physical or mental illness and/or health needs are provided with the opportunity to access the curriculum.
Enrolment of students with health care needs?
There are a number of students who require health care assistance during the school day. When enrolling a student with health care needs, the Principal will assess:
- whether proposed procedures are supported by medical advice
- how the student condition can be safely managed in a local environment
- how arrangements can be made to support the student adequately
- access to suitably trained staff who agree to offer the support required
- the extent to which the learning processes or safety of other students in the school will be affected; and
- whether additional staff assistance will be needed.
Transfer to a new school
– When leaving, parents are requested to notify the school at least a week prior to departure so that transfer documents can be prepared. The new school needs to notify the previous school of the transfer before we can forward the student’s records accordingly.
For all enquires please contact the administration office on 08 9971 0900.
Parent Resources and Information for Parents
** Learning begins at home: a resource book for parents/carers of young children provides information about early childhood education in Western Australian and Kindergarten and Pre-Primary programs in Public Schools. It also provides parents and carers with practical ideas to assist children’s learning before they start school and a list of community resources and services available. More information…
** Starting Kindergarten: There are a number of brochures which provide information that may be helpful in supporting your child to make a smooth transition into Kindergarten. More information…
** Starting Pre-Primary: There are a number of brochures which provide information that may be helpful in supporting your child to make a smooth transition into Pre-Primary. More information…
To view these documents you will need to have access to Acrobat Reader on your computer.