Morawa Independent School Cluster
The Morawa District High and the WA College of Agriculture – Morawa are an integrated K – 12 learning community. By combining a well structured learning environment for students that is multifaceted, and involving a range of teachers, subjects, community development and support, the Morawa cluster is able to offer diverse opportunities for our students success.
Within the Morawa cluster, students have the opportunity to follow an extensive range of subjects within peaceful, rural, school and farm campuses. Students may transit between campuses, classes, training programs and further education, with ease, maintaining continuity in their career pathway.
The IPS Boards at both the College and the District High School are keenly aware of the myriad of opportunities that exist in mining, agricultural and business industries throughout the Midwest and Murchison regions. With this in mind the Morawa cluster provides students with a broad range of career prospects offered through study at TAFE, university and other secondary institutions.
Collaboration between both schools, which has them pooling a wealth of practical, academic, cultural and industry experience, has Morawa customising education to achieve goals for students.
School programs include:
- Literacy and Numeracy & Specialist teachers, ILNNP;
- School based specialist brass instrumental program and class music program;
- Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme [ITAS];
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal School Based Traineeships;
- Profile Funded TAFE courses;
- English, Science; Humanities and Social Sciences; Mathematics;
- Design and Technology [Metal and Wood], Performing and Visual Arts, Technology and Enterprise, Home Economics.
- Certificate I and II courses in Information, Communications and Technology; Resources and Infrastructure; and Health and Physical Education & Leadership Certificate I and Conservation and Land Management CALM.
Our school has a very proactive Board, elected every three years by the school community.
- Tonia Carslake (Principal)
- Tracy Tapscott (Deputy Principal)
- Linda Jenkins (Manager of Corporate Services)
- Maryanne Milloy-Rakich (IPS Assistant)
- Narelle Knox-Atkinson (Teacher and Parent)
- Greg Payne (Chair person)
- Helen Walter (Deputy Chair)
- Sara Coaker (Parent)
- Nicola Appleton (Parent)
- Ellie Cuthburt (Parent)
- Gaylea Dawson (Parent)
- Lisa Turner (Parent)
- IPS Board minutes for 2016
- IPS Board minutes for 2017
- IPS Board minutes for 2018
- IPS Board minutes for 2019
If you wish to see minutes from IPS Board meetings held prior to 2016 please contact Maryanne Milloy-Rakich directly at:-